Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Bear Grylls ULTIMATE Knife News!


Got another email from a Subscriber about his BG Knife...
"Hey Adam,
     I have started to follow your videos online for advice and stumbled across your warning about the infamous gerber bear grylls knife. Unfortunately for me I had already gotten the knife; and to say the least you hit the nail on the head. I put the knife through very little use and actually never really used the pummel and it broke as all the others that have been reported.

     I contacted gerber and they informed me that my only choice is to return the knife to gerber for a replacement. Gerbers official release of this knife isn't until February so i'll have to wait until then to return it. I asked if they had fixed the problem and if the new knives coming out were going to fixed but was told that they will be the exact knives that were released in November. I've included picture of the damage to my knife. Hope this information was useful for you.

                                  N.M.
                                  Quantico, Va"

3 comments:

  1. yeah people were talking about that knife having problems here outdoorsurvivalclothes.com but on the forum i thought i saw someone say that they are fixing the problems with the knife. you should let people know on outdoorsurvivalclothes.com if the new knife has fixed the problems...just an idear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,

    Check out the new Interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBn3rAiO7t8
    Gerber is stating they have fixed the issue.
    - Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a problem with an earlier Bear Grylls Knife however the two I have had since (the replacement for one and one my fiance bought me) have been absolutely fine. I have over the years experienced problems with plenty of other knife brands so I always think you should take it on a case by case basis.

    ReplyDelete